Orlando is Florida's 3rd largest metropolitan area with over 1,370,000 people. It is a major tourist destination, especially for young families. Rent a car in Orlando from CRX and visit the Walt Disney World Resort – one of the world's largest theme parks. Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Blizzard Beach are just a few of the attractions.
Pile your family into your Orlando minivan rental from CRX and visit some of the movie studios. Once known as "Hollywood East" because of all the filming that takes place in this city, Orlando is responsible for the production of the major animated films "Mulan", "Lilo and Stitch" and "Brother Bear".
Rent a sports car in Orlando from CRX and take in a few games. Orlando is home to the Orlando Predators Arena Football League team, the Florida Tuskers and the Orlando Magic NBA team.
After Las Vegas, Orlando is the city with the largest number of hotel rooms in the United States. There are hotel options for whatever your needs. Get in your Orlando rental car from CRX, take your map and tour the different neighborhoods and choose first hand in which hotel you would like to stay. Orlando offers everything from budget-conscious accommodations to 5 Star luxury hotels.
There are many places to visit in downtown Orlando. Take your Orlando car rental at CRX and park near the Sun Trust center where you can view this 441 ft skyscraper (the tallest one in Central Florida). Other places of interest include: The Orange County Courthouse, Citrus Center, CNL Center City Commons and Solaire at the Plaza.
Driving in Orlando
Sabah Karimi offers some good driving tips for Orlando. Some of these include:
- Avoid the malls on the weekends – malls are popular tourist spots and then fill up to maximum capacity on the weekends. Traffic in these areas can be crazy.
- Lock your doors and keep your valuables out of sight.
- Avoid neighborhood driving between 2-4 pm, since school buses take over the residential streets at this time.
- Wear your seatbelt and make sure your headlights are turned on.
- Be prepared to drive on highways with 4 or more lanes.
- Do not switch lanes during your traffic light turn.