Rental Express Wishes Everyone Happy Holidays
Getting ready to book holiday travel? Act fast! Airline tickets are being booked and cheap car rentals are being secured at an alarming rate. Here are five tips to make this year’s holiday travel a little easier to bare.
1. Pack your own food. If you’re flying, airport food can be much pricier than normal, and even more expensive if you order food while on the plane. For people who are driving, don’t waste precious time or money (you did a lot of work to get those car rental discounts!) by pulling over every couple of hours to order greasy fast food.
2. Don’t wrap your gifts until you get to your destination. If you’re flying, security may make you unwrap the presents. If you got a major car rental deal, the wrapping and tissue paper can get torn as the presents bump around the backseat.
3. Be flexible when it comes to booking flights. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are the best days to get inexpensive airline tickets; flying on the actual holiday is a great way to save money, too. Don’t forget to call ahead with your car rental coupons for when you reach the airport at your destination!
4. Make getting through the security line at the airport a cinch by not wearing many of the things they ask you to remove. Avoid wearing jewelry and belts, and make sure to wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off. Just don’t make the mistake of wearing sandals without socks, though - otherwise, you’ll be standing in the security line barefoot.
5. Apply for a credit card from the airline. Not only will you score major miles every time you fly, but you’ll avoid costs that other travelers have to pay, like for checking luggage. If your flight gets delayed or canceled, the credit card may have a number to call the concierge, who will reschedule your flight for you. You may even be able to get some of the cheapest car rentals around if your airline has a deal with a car rental agency.