There are many reasons to take a road trip this year. With independent car rental locations across North America and the globe, you really have no excuse! Your vehicle is ready, now it's up to you to simply choose your destination and get on the road.
Not convinced yet? Here are the top five reasons to take a road trip:
1. Wrong Turns Turned Right: When you take a road trip in your car rental, you'll feel a freedom that isn't possible during a more structured vacation. Likely, you'll be planning to visit certain attractions, or to stay at a specific campground or hotel, but your exact arrival time is less important than at a guided tour, and you won't feel trapped like at a destination resort. If you see something along the way that you want to pull over and explore, go ahead. If you want to take a scenic route or simply cruise down the highway, no problem. Perhaps you'll find a quiet little town or mountain hideaway and choose to extend your stay. Anything is possible on a road trip in your independent car rental...even wrong turns can turn into the right destination if you keep an open mind.
2. Making Memories With Family and Friends: It might seem obvious, but a car rental road trip will be filled with unforgettable memories. From the places you ate, to the things you saw, to something that didn't go quite as planned, road trips are unique experiences that can bring families and friends closer together. If you've ever heard the saying, "a family that plays together, stays together," it's true! And the same goes for friends. Kayak across a lake, wander through an art gallery, and dine out under the stars. Even if you've been on a dozen road trips before, each and every destination, and each and every journey will bring a unique memory.
3. Learning That Isn't Boring: If you're done school, or you're taking your children on a road trip, exciting education is a perk of any car rental road trip. From The Lincoln Memorial, Williamsburg, and Ellis Island, to Ground Zero or Gettysburg, educational and interesting are sure to collide on a road trip across North America. Here's a hint though: Don't tell your kids they are learning, because odds are, they'll never know. If you're renting a car in Mexico, there are destinations like Chitzen Itza and Tulum; if you're in Canada, you can visit Niagara Falls or Uncle Tom's Cabin. Wherever you land, you'll be seeing new and interesting attractions, and who knows, you might even learn something along the way.
4. Take a Vacation From Your Stress: When you climb into your car rental, leave your stress behind. Vacations are a proven way to relieve stress. Whether you're stressed from work, school, or life is just getting too busy, a road trip is a fantastic way to leave your cares behind. Road trips can be completely unplanned, or can be scheduled down to the minute. To keep your car rental road trip as stress free as possible, plan in down time where you can sit on the beach, go for a hike, picnic in a park, or simply read a book. As well, make sure you leave extra time and build in flexibility; otherwise, the stress you left behind can start to creep back in. Book your car rental, buckle up, and leave your stress in the dirt.
5. You Won't Be Forever Young: Sitting in even the most comfortable car rental for long hours on the road might be easy when you're young, but as you age, it will seem less tempting. Sure, you might rent a car for a quiet drive along Cape Cod, or venture to warmer climates, but that young and fun road trip will be a thing of the past. If you have children, they won't be young forever either. Taking a road trip with teenagers or young adults won't be as easy as when your children are young. Every child however, remembers their first trip to Disneyland or the Grand Canyon. If you are an older car rental company, that's ok too, a road trip is a great way to pretend you're forever young.
Answer the call of the road – Join our American Road Trip Contest!