Do me a favor and watch this 48 second clip from a Seinfeld episode. Once you're done, I have a couple of questions for you.
Are you done...? Good, let's continue...
Note: The definition of reservation is "an arrangement to secure accommodations at a restaurant or hotel, on a boat, [car] or plane, etc. (Taken from www.dictionary.com.)
- Has this ever happened to you?
- How did you feel when your vehicle wasn't waiting for you at the rental agency?
- Did the agency at least apologize for the mishap?
It's no secret that agencies overbook - even when you have made a "reservation". So, to avoid this from happening to you for your next car rental, be sure to follow these simple steps:
- First and foremost: Call the rental agency at least one day prior to the pick up date/time to make sure the vehicle will be there. If the agency cannot give you a definitive answer, be sure to cancel the reservation and book elsewhere.
- Keep the reservation # handy in case you need to make any changes prior to your scheduled pickup date. You can do this either online or by phoning the agency.
- Another good idea is to keep the rental agency's contact information on your SmartPhone. This way, you will have their information readily available if need be.
- If the agency with which you have rented has a Mobile Site make sure to bookmark this on your SmartPhone. If you need to make changes to your reservation, you can do so directly from your phone.