and Disadvantages of Exotic Car Rentals
Have you always wanted to drive a Ferrari? Or what about a BMW? Driving an expensive car can be an exhilarating feeling, and now, thanks to exotic car rentals, it’s easier than ever.
Of course, as with any car rental, there are some definite pros and cons to consider before getting behind the wheel. On the one hand, you get to cruise the city in style. On the other, you’ll have to foot a bigger rental bill. Below, Car Rental Express outlines some of the major advantages and disadvantages of exotic car rentals for your consideration.
Exotic cars are easily some of the finest machines on the planet. Expertly engineered and equipped with all the finest accessories, luxury cars elevate the driving experience. Driving one is a privilege that’s normally reserved for the rich and famous. Now, thanks to exotic car rental companies, anyone can reserve a high-end vehicle provided they have a valid license and insurance. Exotic car rentals are a great option because:
• They’re exclusive. Most people will never see a Lamborghini or Bentley, never mind drive one. For the relatively small cost of renting one, you’ll have the opportunity to join this exclusive club of drivers.
• The cost isn’t as bad as you’d think. The charges for renting a car that retails for more than $200,000 isn’t outrageous. Although all companies differ, the average price is usually around $1000 for very high-end automotive. Opt for a mid-range luxury vehicle, like a Ford Mustang, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz vehicle and the cost is even more reasonable.
• They’re kept in impeccable shape. Exotic car rentals attract a different kind of rental customer. Traveling diplomats, celebrities and musicians expect their vehicles to be in prime condition. As such, exotic car rental agencies spend extra time detailing and cleaning these vehicles.
• They come with training. Let’s face it; driving an exotic car rental isn’t easy. In order to ensure your safety and the safety of your passengers, most exotic car rental customers will provide you with a quick crash course on your exotic car rental’s handling capabilities. This will help you get a handle on the vehicle and improve your driving.
• They’re fun to drive. Driving an exotic car rental is quite the experience. The envious looks that you’ll receive from other drivers and bystanders is often enough to make up for the additional cost!
Unfortunately, there is a downside to renting an exotic vehicle. Here are a few of the biggest disadvantages:
• Added insurance costs. Due to the price of these vehicles, rental companies often require that you purchase additional insurance above and beyond your personal vehicle coverage. If you refuse to purchase this coverage, and don’t have enough, they may reject your rental.
• Sometimes a quick crash course isn’t enough. If you’re uncomfortable behind the wheel of your exotic car rental during the test drive, consider opting for a less expensive ride. Driving an unfamiliar vehicle incorrectly could result in an accident, which could cost you a ton in damages. If you can’t handle the pressure of driving an exotic vehicle, don’t.
• They still cost more. Even though the price may not be that great compared to the price of the care, the rental cost will still be considerably higher than a regular rental. This added cost might make sense for a special occasion, but if you’re looking for an economical family rental, it’s best to look elsewhere.
Is an exotic rental worth the added expense? Most definitely – provided you’ve weighed the pros and cons evenly. Reserve an exotic rental today using the Car Rental Express online rental center.