Delaware was the 1st state to join the United States of America. Delaware officially joined on December 7, 1787 . The capital city is Dover, but the largest city is Wilmington.
Here are some official state symbols to help you get to know Delaware better.
- State Nickname - "First State", "Diamond State", "Blue Hen State", "Small Wonder"
- State Tree - American Holly
- State Flower - Peach Blossom
- State Bird - Blue Hen Chicken
- State Mineral - Sillimanite
Car Rental Delaware
Did you know that Delaware is the 49th biggest state in the USA? The territory spans 2,489 square miles. There is a lot of area to explore. Rent a car and try to see it all!