Utah was the 45th state to join the United States of America. Utah officially became a state on January 4, 1896. The capital city is Salt Lake City, which also happens to be the largest city.
Here are some official state symbols to help you get to know Utah better.
- State Abbreviation - UT
- State Nickname - Beehive State
- State Fruit - Cherry
- State Cooking Pot - Dutch Oven
- State Animal - Rocky Mountain Elk
- State Grass - Indian Rice Grass
- State Bird - California Sea gull
- State Tree - Blue Spruce
Car Rental Utah
Did you know that Utah is the 13th biggest state in the USA? The territory spans 84,904 square miles.