Connecticut was the 5th state to join the United States of America. Connecticut officially joined on January 9, 1788. The capital city is Hartford, but the largest city is Bridgeport.
Here are some official state symbols to help you get to know Connecticut better.
- State Nickname - "Constitution State"
- State Animal - Sperm Whale
- State Flower - Mountain Laurel
- State Tree - White Oak
- State Mineral - Garnet
- State Shellfish - Eastern Oyster
- State Insect - European Mantis
Car Rental Connecticut
Did you know that Connecticut is the 48th biggest state in the USA? The territory spans 5,544 square miles. Rent a car to visit Connecticut River, Housatonic River, Thames River, Mount Frissel and Lake Candlewood.