Vermont was the 14th state to join the United States of America. Vermont officially became a state on March 4, 1791. The capital city is Montpelier, but the largest city is Burlington.
Here are some official state symbols to help you get to know Vermont better.
- State Abbreviation - VT
- State Nickname - Green Mountain State
- State Bird - Hermit thrush
- State Amphibian - Northern leopard frog
- State Flower - Red clover
- State Tree - Sugar maple
- State Animal - Morgan horse
- State Minerals - Talc and grossular garnet
Car Rental Vermont
Did you know that Vermont is the 45th biggest state in the USA? The territory spans 9,615 square miles.