Oakland, California, on San Francisco Bay
The city is named for the evergreen oaks that grow throughout the entire area. The entire San Francisco Bay area can be accessed through renting a car in Oakland from CRX. The population is around a half-million people. During World War I the city was a center of shipbuilding.
Oakland's NFL or National Football League team is the Oakland Raiders. The Oakland Athletics, also known as the Oakland A's, are a well-known and respected Major League Baseball team, based for many years in the Oakland Coliseum.
Tourism Places of Interest
Must-See places to visit include:
- Anthony Chabot Regional Park,
- Redwood Regional Park,
- Robert Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve,
- Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve,
- Martin Luther King Jr. Shoreline,
- Camron-Stanford House, Chabot Observatory,
- Oakland Ballet Company, and
- the Eddie Moore Jazz Festival in August.
An Oakland rental car from CRX a great way to get around and visit all these places.
- African-American Museum,
- Jack London Museum,
- Western Aerospace Museum